Lamborghini unveiled the Huracan Performante as a tuned up version of their Coupe version. Just about everything was reworked during the development of the Performante, including its weight, engine, chassis and aerodynamics. After all of the changes were said and done, the Huracan Performante would go on to complete the Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit in a record-breaking 6:52:01.
On the outside, the Huracan Performante is similar to that of the Coupe, but with the added aerodynamic components. The front and rear spoilers were added for the sake of aerodynamics, but they add a touch of aggressivenmss that the Performante needed.
MSRP – Price
For U.S. buyers, the Lamborghini Huracan Performante price or MSRP is set at $274,390. This price does not include any options. However, this is a decent price, because many expected the car to be much more expensive, and it’s only around $30,000 more than the base model.
Inside the Lamborghini Huracan Performante is a cabin that is as driver-oriented as they get. The carbon fiber seats, for starters, not only drop the weight of the car, but also hold the driver in place during high-speed cornering. Alcantara was chosen for the upholstery, which is also extremely light, but also luxurious.
All of the Huracan Performante’s mechnical aspects work seamlessly together in order to provide power when needed. Powering the car is a naturally aspirated 5.2-liter V10 engine that’s more powerful than the base Coupe’s. Mated to the engine is a 7-speed Lamborghini Doppia Frizione (LDF) dual-clutch transmission. However, all of this power is worth nothing if the handling isn’t top-notch. For that, the Huracan Performante has double wishbone suspension and Lamborghini Electronic Power Steering.
The naturally aspirated 5.2-liter V10 engine installed in Lamborghini Huracan Performante is a piece of modern art. New intake ducts were inspired by Lamborghini’s experience in motorsports and the transmission was made to support the engine’s powerful capabilities. This engine is capable of producing 640 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque.
The Lamborghini Huracan Performante is equipped with a suspension system that includes a double wishbone architecture. This standard suspension system also works in cooperation with the optional magnetorheological (MR) shock absorbers. When put to the test, the suspension will adapt to any driving style, quickly.
The Lamborghini Huracan Performante’s steering system is an Electronic Power Steering (EPS) setup. Thanks to EPS and it’s ability to adapt to any driving style, drivers of this Italian supercar will be able to take to the track or canyon roads without hesitation. There is also the optional Lamborghini Dynamic Steering (LDS) system, which lets driver’s change the steering ratio.
The Huracan Performante’s 7-speed Lamborghini Doppia Frizione (LDF) dual-clutch transmission is not only quick, but also as smooth as butter. What this transmission does is while one gear is engages, the next gear is already selected and ready to be shifted to. This reduces the shift time, and allows for an instant and smooth gear shift. The system does this by opening one clutch closing the other.
Nothing is more exciting than launching a car with an all-wheel drive system, and thankfully the Huracan Performante is equipped with one. This electronically controlled system gives driver’s instant acceleration, incredible handling around corners and the best corner exits you could imagine.
2016 Huracan Performante Specs
- TYPE: V10, 90°, MPI (Multi Point Injection)+ DSI (Direct Stratified Injection)
- DISPLACEMENT: 5.204 cm3 (317.57 cu in)
- BORE X STROKE: 84.5 x 92.8 mm (3.33 x 3.65 in)
- COMPRESSION RATIO: 12,7:1
- MAX. POWER: 610 HP (449 kW) @ 8.250 rpm
- MAX. TORQUE: 560Nm @ 6.500 rpm
- WEIGHT-TO-POWER RATIO: 2,15 kg/HP (5.14 lb/CV)
- LUBRICATION: Dry sump
- EMISSION CONTROL: Euro 6 – LEV 2
TYPE: Electronically controlled all-wheel drive system (Haldex gen. V) with rear mechanical self-locking differential
GEARBOX: Dual clutch gearbox LDF (Lamborghini Doppia Frizione) with 7 speeds
- MAX. SPEED: >325 km/h (> 201 mph)
- ACCELERATION: 0-100 KM/H (0-62 MPH) 3.2 s
- ACCELERATION: 0-200 KM/H (0-124 MPH) 9.9 s
- BRAKING: 100-0 KM/H (62-0 MPH) 31,9 m (104.66 ft)
Body and Chassis
- CHASSIS: Hybrid in aluminum and carbon fiber
- BODY: Aluminum and synthetic material
- EXTERIOR MIRRORS: Electrically operated, heated and foldable
- AERODYNAMICS: Rear fixed spoiler integrated in the body shape; completely panelled underbody
- RIMS – FRONT: 20” GIANO silver alloy casted rims; 8.5J x 20 ET42
- RIMS – REAR: 20” GIANO silver alloy casted rims; 11J x 20 ET40
- TIRES – FRONT: 245/30 R20
- TIRES – REAR: 305/30 R20
Steering and Suspension
- CONTROL SYSTEMS: Electronic Stability Control (integrated ABS and TCS)
- SUSPENSION TYPE: Passive suspension
- SUSPENSION GEOMETRY: Double wishbone fully independent suspension
- STEERING TYPE: Electro-mechanical assisted power steering
- STEERING SYSTEM: Servotronic
- DYNAMIC OPTIONS: Options available: – electronically controlled magneto-rheologic suspension – Lamborghini Dynamic Steering (with variable steering ratio)
- BRAKES: Carbon-ceramic brakes with fixed calipers monoblock in aluminum with 6 pistons (front) and 4 pistons (rear)
- FRONT BRAKES: Carbon-ceramic discs – ventilated and cross drilled with 380 mm diameter and 38 mm thickness
- REAR BRAKES: Carbon-ceramic discs – ventilated and cross drilled with 356 mm diameter and 32 mm thickness
- AIRBAGS: Driver, passenger and side airgbags; kneels airbags in selected markets
- PASSIVE SAFETY: Front and rear specific collapsible areas; side protection system
- ACTIVE SAFETY: Electronic Stability Control (ABS and TCS integrated)
- LENGTH: 4,506 mm (177.4 in)
- HEIGHT: 1.165 mm (45.87 in)
- WHEELBASE: 2.620 mm (103.15 in)
- DRY WEIGHT: 1,382 kg (3,047 lb)
- WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION: (FR. – REAR) 43 / 57
Fuel Consumption – MPG
- COMBINED: 10.3 l/100 km
- URBAN: 19.6 l/100 km
- HIGHWAY: 13.7 l/100 km
- CO2 EMISSIONS: 314 g/km
- EMISSION LAW: Directive 1999/100/EC
Huracán Performante: Sculpted by the wind
Lamborghini Huracán Performante record at the Nürburgring
Lamborghini Lamborghini Huracán Performante world premiere at 2017
2016 Huracan Performance Interior Photos
2016 Huracan Performance Exterior Photos