80 percent sell-through rate with 850 cars being sold.
Mecum Auctions has wrapped up their Orlando Summer Special event and has finalized the numbers. The results are out and they’re impressive. In total, 850 cars were sold for a sell-through rate of 80 percent and overall sales reaching $35 million. American cars both classic and modern were hot-ticket items as there were nine in the top ten sales and five of those were Corvettes. In fact, there was one lone European car among the top ten which was a stunning 1987 Porsche 930 Turbo Slantnose. You can view the top ten sales down below. Be sure to also check out Mecum’s upcoming Monterey event which takes place August 12-14.
Top 10 Sales
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot F95) at $352,000
- 1961 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S216) at $352,000
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S145) at $324,500
- 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (Lot S100) at $297,000
- 1987 Porsche 930 Turbo Slantnose (Lot S93) at $286,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L89 Convertible (Lot S212) at $264,000
- 2017 Dodge Viper SRT GTC Coupe (Lot F135.1) at $247,500
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S192) at $231,000
- 2021 Dodge Challenger Drag Pak (Lot F139.1) at $209,000
- 1962 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S109) at $203,500
Source: Mecum Auctions