If you weren’t in Houston last week, you missed out on another great auction from Dana Mecum and company. Their fast-paced bidding is unlike any other event, and their hammer prices are used to feel the pace of our industry. The NRG center is a large venue that contains the Astrodome along with a massive parking lot. It was witness to a 70% sell-through rate.
The three-day event saw 621 cars find new owners, for a total of $21,400,000 in sales. Proving that limited supply causes bidding frenzy, a new Dodge Demon with only 8 miles hammered for $170,500, and a 2nd example sold for $143,000. The Ford GT will never go out of style, and a 2006 example with 138 miles went for $368,500. Vintage muscle was represented by a 1971 Hemi Challenger ($184,250) and a 1970 Superbird ($181,500).
- 2006 Ford GT (Lot F225.1) at $368,500
- 2015 Rolls-Royce Ghost (Lot S156.1) at $198,000
- 2001 BMW Z8 Convertible (Lot F203) at $192,500
- 1971 Dodge Hemi Challenger R/T (Lot S181) at $184,250
- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Lot S112) at $181,500
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (Lot S74) at $170,500
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (Lot S154) at $170,500
- 2012 Bentley Mulsanne (Lot S80.1) at $154,000
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (Lot S190.1) at $143,000
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S108) at $133,100
Just like their other auctions, Mecum streams every event on YouTube. If you missed out on the action, click on the video below for hours of commercial-free action. Nothing beats being there in person, so get ready for Indianapolis, May 15th to 19th. You will see each year of the Big Tank Corvettes, every year of Indy Pace Car, and over 2,000 of the world’s most valuable rides. We’ll see you there!
[button color=”red” text=”white” url=”Button Text” window=”_blank”]Click Here For More Details[/button]