Everything is bigger in Texas, especially these sales figures.
In four days, September 7-10, the Mecum Dallas 2022 event managed to see 1,191 cars sold for a fantastic 84 percent sell-through rate. This resulted in over $55.2 million in total sales, breaking the previous record. Mecum Auctions also notes that this amount is a 50 percent increase over the previous Dallas auction record.
So, what sold for big numbers? The top three big sellers were a trio of Ford GTs, two from 2006 and one from 2005. One of the 2006 examples had just 513 miles on its odometer and was part of the 26-car Mile High Collection. That collection managed $3.5 million in total sales with a 100 percent sell-through rate.
There were also many classics crossing the block at Mecum Dallas. The fourth highest seller was a 1969 Dodge Daytona in a beautiful green finish while a 1970 Plymouth Supercar sat at the fifth spot. You can see the top 10 sales down below.
Mecum is currently running their Fountain City auction, September 14-17. After that, Mecum will actually hold two separate auctions in two separate cities, Mecum Chicago (October 13-15) and Mecum Chattanooga (October 14-15). That’s an unprecedented feat for a single auction company, so we’re more than excited to see the results.
Top 10 sales from Mecum Dallas 2022
- 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition (Lot F85.1) at $704,000
- 2005 Ford GT (Lot S102) at $467,500
- 2006 Ford GT (Lot F88) at $434,500
- 1969 Dodge Daytona (Lot S148) at $418,000
- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Lot S187) at $324,500
- 1935 Packard 1204 Victoria Custom Convertible (Lot S111) at $319,000
- 1993 Ferrari 512TR (Lot S141.1) at $312,400
- 2012 McLaren MP4-12C Gemballa GT (Lot S134.1) at $308,000
- 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air Custom Bubble Top (Lot S157) at $280,500
- 1969 Plymouth Road Runner Custom Hardtop (Lot F115) at $275,000