Mecum Auctions recently held their Glendale 2023 auction and the results are in, and they show more than impressive numbers. Once all of the lots had crossed the block, Mecum recorded $56 million in total sales, and a total of 1,266 lots were sold.
Within that large number of lots sold was a wide variety of automobiles that ranged from iconic classics to modern masterpieces. For example, the top 10 sales of the Mecum’s Glendale event start with a 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing that sold for $1,815,000 with a 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS following behind with a hammer price of $605,000.
Mecum also offered up quite a few collections throughout the event, with the headliner being the Mile High Collection (19 cars) which sold for a total of $1.78 million. There was also the Premier Corvette Pace Car Collection that saw 12 lots selling for more than $1 million.
Mecum Glendale 2023 Top 10 Sales
1. 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing (Lot S132) at $1,815,000
2. 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS (Lot S114.1) at $605,000
3. 2022 Mercedes-Benz AMG G63 4×4 Squared (Lot S158) at $489,500
4. 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Split Window Coupe (Lot F135) at $390,500
5. 2005 Ford GT (Lot S98.1) at $374,000
6. 1969 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro (Lot S142) at $363,000
7. 1968 Chevrolet Yenko Camaro RS/SS (Lot F168) at $357,500
8. 1959 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S215.1) at $308,000
9. 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 70th Anniversary Convertible (Lot S87) at $302,500
10. 2020 McLaren 720S Spider (Lot S144) at $302,500