Building off the success of the SLS AMG, the first sports car designed entirely to AMG specifications, Mercedes engineers raised the bar with the launch of the new AMG GT in 2014. Initially launched only as a coupe, the unveiling of the roadsters built upon the fantastic pedigree of the SLS AMG and continued the trend of a long, low-slung hood housing a potent V8 within. Incapable of resting on their laurels, more potent models soon followed, first with the S and then with the R.
Designed to be brutally fast, the GT R set the record for the fast rear-wheel drive sports car at the Nürburgring Nordschleife with a lap time of just 7:10.9 edging out the Dodge Viper ACR and the Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package. All of this track-focused performance came from a production car that still offered levels of comfort and refinement that typifies the Mercedes brand.
This car is part of the Retro Motors Collection, which comprises over 30 cars largely from the 1950s through today, with a focus on American muscle and high-powered European sports cars. Bidding ends on 6/9 at 4:10PM EST.
– Finished in striking Green Hell Magno (376), a $9,900 optional color
– The interior is finished in Black Nappa Leather with microfiber accents (621)
– Powered by the AMG 4.0-liter bi-turbo V8 generating 577-horsepower
– Original starting MSRP of $157,000, with the options making this car nearly $200,000 when new
– Equipped with the $8,950 optional AMG carbon ceramic brake system with a remarkable 40% weight reduction
– In excess of $8,000 in carbon trim with the $3,150 AMG Matte Carbon Fiber trim, $4,000 AMG Exterior Carbon Fiber Package II, and the $1,200 AMG Carbon Fiber Door Sill Covers
– Optional 19/20-inch AMG 5-Twin Spoke Forged Wheels in Black with Extreme Performance Sport Tires
– Clean Carfax Vehicle History Report
– A Car and Driver review of the AMG GT R in March of 2019 yielded a 0-60 time of just 3.2 seconds, with 170 appearing only 18.5 seconds after that while storming to an electronically limited top speed of 198 miles per hour
– Innovative rear-wheel steering gives the effects of a shorter wheelbase for low-speed agility and a longer wheelbase for high-speed confidence
– Freshly serviced in April 2023 at 7,415 miles at a cost of $3,033.79, which included all new fluids and replacing all four ignition coil packs courtesy of Mercedes-Benz of Austin
– Paintwork protected with a full exterior ceramic coating
– Offered with just over 7,400miles at the time of cataloging
– This car is equipped with, but not limited to, the following options:
201 – Rear axle steering, 220 – Parktronic, 239 – Distronic, 249 – Automatic dimming of interior and exterior mirrors, 256 – Track pace, 397 – Carbon roof, 467 – Electronic locking differential, 479 – Adjustable suspension, 555 – AMG performance seat, 581 – Automatic climate control, 5U9 – Interior strut in matte carbon, 61U – Headliner in black microfiber, 810 – Premium sound system, 873 – Heated seats left and right, 877 – Ambience illumination, B14 – Engine cover in carbon, B28 – Carbon exterior mirrors, B29 – Door sills in carbon, L6G – AMG steering wheel in microfiber, P17 – Keyless-go package, P49 – Mirrors package, P64 – Front memory package, PAK – AMG interior night package, U20 – Titanium exhaust system, U99 – Static carbon roof spoiler,
– Minor chip on the right-rear wheel
– Two keys
– Owner’s manual
– Circuit of the Americas license plate frames
– AMG Petronas umbrella
– Factory AMG car cover and bag
The accompanying Carfax report indicates that this AMG GT R was sold new to the original Oklahoma owner in late 2017. They kept the car for just over a year before selling it to the second owner in late 2018 with approximately 1,300 miles. The second owner moved the car to Florida before being sold to the current owner circa 2020.
About Hagerty Online Auctions:
Every single vehicle on Hagerty Online Auctions is curated by our team of car specialists, with pre-sale and post-auction client support provided. For enthusiasts looking to buy or sell the most sought-after vehicles, Hagerty Online Auctions offer a trusted, hassle-free way to do it.