In an ideal world, everyone would be able to enjoy the incredible power and iconic looks of a purpose-built 911 race car. To race a vintage 911 you need to have an engine builder, fabricator, several sets of brakes, and more time than money can buy. However, one person sought to solve these issues by bringing a classic 935 into the modern era. What you see here could easily pass for an original 935 K3 Apple car. Once you are behind the wheel you realize that this one is not like the others. Blending the best of new technology and classic looks, we are proud to offer this 1979 Porsche 935 Restomod for sale.
Starting with the most important details, the engine is a GT2 twin-turbo built by Bob Holcomb. Along with a late-model six speed, they are contained within a reinforced 993 rear suspension that was gusseted & grafted to the original chassis. This isn’t just any engine, it was built with no expenses spared. Here are the details you can’t see:
- Carrillo Rods
- Mahle Pistons
- Updated Turbos with internal wastegates,
- Holcomb EFI with Zytec Engine Management.
- Mode Intercooler,
- Built by Bob Holcomb and freshened by Loren Beggs (911 Design)
- 20 hours since freshening. over 700 hp at 1.2 bar,
- S-Car-Go Billet Engine Mount.
- 993 GT2 6 speed (internal oil pump) Also 20 hours since built
Aside from the bulletproof engine, here are all the important parts that make this car a beast on the track
- Shifter – Redstone Performance
- Seat & Belts – OMP WRC-XL, OMP Belts (new in 2017)
- Front Suspension – ERP 935 Style
- Rear Suspension – 993 Double Wish Bone
- Dampeners – JRZ Double Adjustable
- Brakes – Brembo Calipers, Pagid Pads
- Wheels – BBS 18in (993 Center Locks)
- Fuel Cell – 27 gal Fuel Safe (new in 2017)
- Oil Tank – Redstone Performance
- Oil Cooler – 935 Style
- Air Jacks – Porsche Motorsports
- Battery – Lightweight dry cell
If you need a new 911 for your next track day, this car cost a fortune to built and it can be had at a bargain price. Click the button below to learn more and stay with us for all your Porsche classics.